Morice Town Academy complies fully with the Equality Act 2010.
Here at Morice Town Primary Academy we are committed to ensuring equality of provision throughout the school community. To achieve this, our equality objectives are as follows:
- To allow equal access to information for all stakeholders
- Monitor and analyse pupil achievement by race, gender and disability and act on any trends or patterns in the data that require additional support for pupils.
- To deliver a broad and balanced curriculum, that provides opportunities for all pupils to achieve the highest standards of education, using specialist programmes and dedicated resources to support pupils who need it the most. We will deliver a programme of assemblies, outside visitors and educational visits to promote the ethos of equality to pupils and help pupils develop good relationships with people of different characteristics.
- Diminish the difference between disadvantage and non disadvantaged pupils
- To raise awareness regarding all types of bullying
- Raise attainment for more able disadvantaged pupils
- Ensure all pupils are given the opportunity to make a positive contribution to the life of the school e.g. through involvement in the School Council, class assemblies, fund raising, after school clubs etc.
- Work positively with the trust’s policy Toward Race Equality improving the outcomes for all BAME pupils
- To increase attendance of pupil premium pupils across the school.
Reach South Academy Trust's Equality statement can also be viewed on their webpage,