Child protection plays a central part in promoting safety and well being.
We believe that children have a fundamental right to feel safe and protected from any form of abuse. Therefore we aim to provide a secure, caring environment and a curriculum which nurtures self-esteem and empowers children to protect themselves.
We aim to ensure that children who are vulnerable, at risk and have suffered or are likely to suffer significant harm are identified, and appropriate action is taken to keep them safe. Morice Town Primary Academy will continue to develop a systematic approach towards identification and referral of suspected child abuse to an appropriate agency. We recognise that abuse may be emotional, physical, sexual or through neglect.
- The name of the Designated Safeguarding Lead is: Mrs Pauline Donnellon.
- The name of the Deputy Designated Safeguarding Leads are: Mr Joe Roberts, Mrs J Partington, Mrs Susie Carroll.
- The name of the link Nominated Safeguarding Governors are: Mrs Janice Carr
- The name of the Designated Teacher for Looked After Children is: Mrs Pauline Donnellon
- Sexually harmful and problematic behaviour policy Sept2021.docx
- Low Level Concerns Policy Sept2021.docx
- Peer on Peer Abuse Policy 2021.docx
- Allegations Against Staff Policy Sept 2021.docx