Year 2 - Week Beginning 22nd June 20
This week you have:
- 5 English activities.
- 1 Writing task
- 1 Spelling or 1 phonics task
- 1 Sentence task
- 1 Handwriting task
- Share Story comprehension and activities.
- 4 Maths lessons from White Rose and a challenge.
- A Science activity
- Just for fun activities (This will rotate every 3 weeks).
Please see the timetable for guidance on how this should look each day.
- Spelling activity sentences.pdf
- Spelling activity colours of the rainbow.pdf
- Phase 3 mosaic activity.pdf
- Phase 3 'ear' activity .pdf
- Phase 5 'a-e' activity .pdf
- Phase 5 mosaic activity.pdf
- Back to Earth with a Bump Differentiated Reading Comprehension Activity.pdf
- Colouring Pages.pdf
- Back to Earth with a Bump eBook.pdf
- Lesson 1 - Count sides and vertices on 2D shapes.pdf
- Lesson 2 - Count faces, edges and vertices on 3D shapes.pdf
- Lesson 3 - Sort 2D and 3D shapes.pdf
- Lesson 4 - Merge 2D and 3D shapes.pdf
Floating and sinking:
- Have a go at the floating raisins experiment. Then complete the floating and sinking investigation.
- Water Music Arrange some drinking glasses on a table. If you hit them with a pencil what sound do they make? Is each different? Now add different amounts of water to each glass. How has the sound changed? Can you compose a song to play on your water xylophone?
- Just for fun 3.pdf
- Grow your own rainbow.pdf
- Househole item treasure hunt.pdf
- Tasting new foods.pdf
- Mindfulness colouring.pdf
We are going to learn about different explorers this term. Over the next few weeks I would like you to find out about:
- Christopher Columbus
- Neil Armstrong
Use the resources in the home learning packs, and the links on the website to learn about each explorer.
I would then like you to complete the activities provided and/or display your knowledge in a creative way. Maybe you could make a poster, booklet, or your own information video!
- 10 things I would like to take to space.pdf