Year 2 - Week Beginning 29th June 20
This week you have:
- 5 English activities.
- 1 Writing task
- 1 Spelling or 1 phonics task
- 1 Sentence task
- 1 Handwriting task
- Share Story comprehension and activities.
- 4 Maths lessons from White Rose and a challenge.
- A Science activity
- Just for fun activities (This will rotate every 3 weeks).
Please see the timetable for guidance on how this should look each day.
- Spelling activity -old mobile phone..pdf
- Spelling activity - pyramid shape.pdf
- Formidable Sid.exe
- Lesson 1 - Measure length (cm).pdf
- Lesson 2 - Compare lengths.pdf
- Lesson 3 - Four operations with lengths.pdf
- Lesson 4 - Compare mass.pdf
We are going to be scientists!! There are lots of different science experiments and prompt cards. Choose some to explore over the next 3 to 4 weeks. Encourage children to ask questions and use their observations to explain what happened.
- Bee Prompt Card.pdf
- Bee Finger Puppet.pdf
- Bee Science experiment.pdf
- Bouncy Egg Prompt Card.pdf
- Bouncy Egg Science Experiment.pdf
- Gummy Bear Prompt Card.pdf
- Gummy Bear Science Experiment.pdf
- My Heart Prompt Card.pdf
- My Heart Science Experiment.pdf
- Pluse Rate Recording Sheet.pdf
- Bee - Flower Cut-Outs.pdf
- Volcano Cone.pdf
- Volcano Prompt Card.pdf
- Volcano Science Experiment.pdf
Our Topic this term is ‘Great Explorers’!
We are going to learn about different explorers this term. Over the next 3 to 4 weeks I would like you to find out about:
- Ibn Battuta
- Robert Falcon Scott
Use the resources in the home learning packs, and the links and PowerPoints on the website to learn about each explorer.
I would then like you to complete the activities provided and/or display your knowledge in a creative way. Maybe you could make a poster, booklet, or your own information video!
Then, I would like you to design a stamp for your favorite explorer to remember them and what they have achieved.
- Activity Sheet Design a Stamp.pdf
- Activity Sheet Captain Scotts Diary Writing Frame.pdf
- Activity Sheet Ibn Battuta's Journey.pdf
- Lesson Presentation Exploring the Antarctic Robert Falcon Scott.ppt
- Lesson Presentation How Could They be Remembered.ppt
- Lesson Presentation Who Was Ibn Battuta.ppt