The first pdf is a summary of what Year 1 children learn about Animals. This will remind the children what we have looked at and it can be used to help with the other pdfs, which are activities for your child to try at home. There are easier and harder versions to choose from.
- Sorting Animals into Sets Middle Ability.pdf
- Sorting Animals into Sets Higher Ability.pdf
The first activity is to choose one of the pets to read about and make a fact file. The second activity is to use the survey information about children’s pets to make a tally chart, a pictogram and finally to answer some questions about it.
- Pet Care Fact Sheets.pdf
- Activity Sheet Pet Fact File.pdf
- pet survey data.pdf
- Pet Survey Tally Black and White.pdf
- A4 Pictures.pdf
- Pet Survey Questions.pdf
- Nutrition Diary Home Learning Task.pdf
- Skeleton Cut Out and Label Home Learning Task.pdf
Living Things and their Habitats 2
- Lesson Presentation Environmental Changes.ppt
- Activity Sheet Environmental Changes.pdf
- Activity Sheet Endangered Animals Report.pdf
- Newton and Gravity Fact Sheet.pdf
- Activity Sheet Newton and Gravity.pdf
- Forces Crossword.pdf
- Paper Helicopter Investigation.pdf
- Year 6 Questions.pdf
- Year 6 Answers.pdf
The first two sheets are a summary of what Year 1 children learn about the Seasons (some of the same information appears on both sheets).This can be used to help with the other sheets, which are activities for your child to try at home.
Living Things and their Habitats
The first sheet is a summary of what Year 2 children learn about Living Things. This can be used to help the children complete the activity sheets.
- Living, Dead or Never Alive Home Task.pdf
- Garden Food Chain Home Learning Task.pdf
The first sheet is a summary of what Year 3 children learn about Light. The second sheet is a summary of what they learn about Rocks. Most of this was covered in class.
These sheets should be used to revise both Light and Rocks before trying the activities provided.
- Fossils Differentiated Reading Comprehension Activity.pdf
The Escape the Safari Park activity has nine clues to solve to make a nine-digit code. There are just a couple of questions/clues that some children might need help with or access to research. Either way, there is powerpoint with the answers for each clue.
- Activity Sheet Grouping Plants.pdf
- Activity Sheet Woodland Habitat Classification Key.pdf
- Living Things and Their Habitats Escape the Room Recording Sheet.pdf
- Living Things and Their Habitats Escape the Room Clue Cards.pdf
- Living Things and Their Habitats Escape the Room PowerPoint.pptx
This science pack is a revision of what we learned earlier in the year. The first sheet is a summary of everything children can learn about Earth and Space in Year 5. This can be used to help with the activities that follow.
The first three activities each have answers on the back. The final activity is a research activity. For those children who do not have the opportunity to research the planets of the solar system, they can use the summary sheet and activity sheets to draw pictures and write some basic facts such as relative size, appearance, position in relation to the sun and other planets etc.
The first sheet is a summary of what Year 6 children learn about Evolution. This will also be needed to help with the activities provided for your child to try at home.
The Escape the Museum activity has nine clues to solve to make a nine-digit code. There are some questions/clues that children might need help with or access to research. Either way, there is an answer sheet to check each clue. Unfortunately, Clue 9 does contain an incorrect question and answer (for your information, all breeds of domestic dog belong to the same species - they are just bred to be extremely varied).
Children should try the Adaptation activities using what they have learned this year and also what they hopefully learned in previous years. However, access to research, such as the internet or books, would give them more ideas.
- Escape the Museum Recording Sheet.pdf
- Escape the Museum Clue Cards.pdf
- Escape the Museum Answers.pdf
Home school Science lessons
From Wednesday 22nd April, daily lessons are available through the following two links. Both sites offer lessons across the subjects for KS1 and KS2. On each site, the Science lessons can be found on the Wednesday of the timetable.
The Oak National Academy offers an online classroom for each Year group. BBC Bitesize offers combined lessons for Year1&2, Year 3&4 and Year 5&6.
Parents and children can choose which of these online lessons suit them but I would like each child to try one weekly science lesson. Hopefully one of these links will make home learning a bit easier for your children.
Best wishes to everybody,
Practical Science Activities for KS1 and KS2
- writing sentences or paragraphs about what has been learned
- drawing and labelling pictures
- designing fact sheets or posters
- starting a Science dictionary of new words they discover