Caretaker working across two sites
£19,312 - £20,092 pro rata (Actual Salary: £10,438 rising to a maximum of £10,860)
Part Time, Permanent
Drake Primary Academy, Reach South Academy Trust is seeking to appoint an exceptional Caretaker to join the School as soon as possible. The role will involve working at Drake and our sister school Morice Town Primary located close by.
Hours/Contract: Part-time,20 hours per week. Permanent position.
The Role: A wonderful opportunity to ensure our children have the best start to their education in safe, well maintained schools. The role will include a wide range of responsibilities and duties connected with maintaining the fabric of the building, health and safety compliance checks, grounds and facilities maintenance and security. This role will involve a split shift with both morning and afternoon working. This role will involve a split shift with both morning and afternoon working.
The Person: We are looking for an enthusiastic, capable and proactive caretaker to carry out general caretaking duties across the two sites working under the supervision of the site manager. These will include opening and closing the premises, carrying out daily health and safety compliance checks, dealing with general maintenance and decoration issues to ensure both the schools remain a safe and pleasant environment for the pupils and staff. There are no regular cleaning duties assigned to this role.
You will need to:
• Be physically capable to lift, carry and move various items including deliveries.
• Be a hands on individual who can implement systems/procedures maintaining a safe, tidy environment.
• Being able to problem solve and show initiative.
• Undertake key holding responsibilities.
• Be able to implement risk assessments and any recommendations.
• Contribute to projects and maintenance schedules.
• Be practical, with good DIY skills.
• Be able to prioritise and manage workflow whilst maintaining a flexible approach to respond to urgent requests.
• Be able to adapt to changing and conflicting demands and requests.
• Have the ability to demonstrate an understanding of working around children.
• Be able to adhere to the school’s policies and procedures and most importantly the equal opportunities policy, child protection policy and all health & safety related policies.
In return, we can offer you:
• Working in a caring environment where both the children and staff enjoy learning.
• The opportunity to work alongside other members of the school and trust staff.
• Full training on job specific tasks.
Next Steps: So if you have any queries about this role, please get in touch by calling Pamela Maher, Office Manager on 01752 567649 or email at email@example.com . If you are experiencing any technical issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for support.
All applications to be made directly through TES. See link
Closing date: for applications is Sunday 16th January 2022 at Midnight.
Interview Date: Interviews will be held on Friday 21st January 2022
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Each post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Reach South Academy Trust is committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation at any stage of the recruitment process or in the terms and conditions offered to new employees, or promoted employees.